MedPRO is partnered with the award-winning Saint Agnes Medical Center in Fresno, California.
Saint Agnes Medical Center has been serving the region for more than eight decades. Its guiding mission – to heal body, mind and spirit – was inspired by the Sisters of the Holy Cross who opened the original 75-bed Saint Agnes Hospital in downtown Fresno, circa 1929. During the past 85 years, Saint Agnes has evolved into a 436-bed, state-of-the-art Medical Center campus – bringing together the most advanced equipment and facilities, and the expertise of top-ranked physicians and staff to treat tens of thousands of patients each year.
Saint Agnes prides itself on delivering the highest quality of care with the utmost compassion, as reflected by the real-life stories of patients and their loved ones. Hear about these Saint Agnes experiences here.
Saint Agnes Medical Center Highlights
- Named a Consumer Choice Award winner among the best hospitals in the country 18 years in a row by National Research Corporation (1996-2013/14).
- Voted Best Hospital for the ninth consecutive year in The Fresno Bee's Central Valley's People's Choice Awards (2005-2013).
- Announced its recertification as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission. Saint Agnes is one of more than 925 certified primary stroke centers in 48 states.
- Received the 2013 Healthgrades Maternity Care Excellence Award for the Seventh Year in a Row.
- Named fourth best hospital in California for patient engagement by Axial Exchange, a leading patient engagement technology firm.
- Earned the Quality Respiratory Care Recognition (QRCR) from the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC).
- Earned full three-year approval with commendation by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (2012-14).
- Became first Medical Center in greater Fresno to receive American College of Radiology accreditations in Breast MRI and Nuclear Medicine (through 2014).
- Earned three gold seals of accreditation by the American College of Radiology in Ultrasound (through 2012), Mammography (through 2013) and Stereotactic Breast Biopsy (through 2013).
- Saint Agnes Diagnostic Breast Center named a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (2011).
- Named recipient of certification as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission. Saint Agnes is now one of more than 800 certified stroke centers in 49 states (2011).
- Named a 5-Star Rated Hospital for the Treatment of Heart Attack two years in a row (2010-11) and 5-Star Rated for Valve Replacement Surgery by HealthGrades (2011).
- Received the Dale Carnegie Training® Leadership Award for development of human resources, innovation and organizational creativity (2011).
- Coronary Intensive Care Unit at Saint Agnes received the Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence® - first adult critical care unit in Fresno to receive this national award (2009/10).
- Designated a Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery®, Cardiac Care® and Knee and Hip Replacement® by Blue Shield of California (2010).
- Named a Mentor Hospital for Heart Attack Care by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement. Saint Agnes is among 21 hospitals nationwide - and among only three in California - to receive this distinction (2008 to present).