Energy Boosting Foods: Fight Cancer, Slow Aging, And Boost Energy
People usually feel tired at some point of the day due to a lack of energy, which affects their daily activities, making them less productive. You should know that the type and quantity of food you intake influence your energy levels.
Your diet directly and drastically affects your different health aspects, including risks of developing minor to chronic disorders such as diabetes, heart diseases, and concern. However, the biggest question that arises here is – can certain types of food prevent cancer?
Unfortunately, no, there is no such food that can stop cancer. Although eating healthy food can reduce your risks of developing cancer, it cannot eliminate it.
Which food items can reduce cancer risk?
Almost all plant foods that contain phytochemicals can help
reduce cancer risk. There are more than 4000 phytochemicals in different types
of food that offer various health benefits.
A better way to prepare your cancer-fighting diet is to
include a wide variety of plant foods in it. Ensure that fruits, vegetables,
whole grains, and beans are the biggest portion of each meal.
Following is the list of eatables you can add to your diet
for the utmost protection.
1 - Fruits and vegetables
- Bok choy
- Brussels sprouts
- Leafy greens
- Romaine lettuce
2 - Whole grains
- Whole grain bread, tortillas, or buns
- Whole grain pasta
3 - Dairy
- Skim milk
- Low-fat cheese
Foods that Help Slow Aging
The process of developing beautifully glowing skin starts
with what and how we eat; however, anti-aging foods can give you more than
that. Researchers have found that the safest and healthiest way to overcome
fine lines and dull complexions is to eat fruits and vegetables.
5 best foods that can help with slow aging:
1 - Watercress
Watercress, the nutrient-rich leafy green vegetable, is a
great source of calcium, potassium, manganese, phosphorus, and vitamins A, C,
K, B-1, and B-2. It acts as an antiseptic for internal skin, increases blood
circulation, and delivers minerals to all body cells.
The antioxidants in watercress can neutralize harmful
radicals, helping you prevent fine lines and wrinkles.
2 - Papaya
This delicious fruit contains a variety of minerals,
vitamins, and antioxidants that can help improve your skin elasticity and
minimize fine lines and wrinkles.
It also contains papain, an enzyme that provides anti-aging
benefits as it works as one of the best natural anti-inflammatory agents. Thus,
papaya can be greatly helpful for your body to shed dead skin cells, giving you
3 - Blueberries
In addition to the high contents of vitamins A and C,
Blueberries contain anthocyanin. This age-defying antioxidant can help protect
your skin against damages caused by the sun, pollution, stress, etc., by
moderating the inflammatory response and preventing loss of collagen.
4 - Broccoli
Broccoli has anti-inflammatory and anti-aging features
helping your body keep moderate production of collagen, which is an essential
protein that gives your skin strength and elasticity.
It also contains vitamins C, K, fiber, calcium, lutein, and
a variety of antioxidants.
5 - Spinach
It is a super hydrating, versatile leafy green vegetable
packed with antioxidants that help your body oxygenate and replenish. It is
rich in vitamins A, C, E, K, lutein, magnesium, and plant-based heme iron.
Vitamin C in Spinach enhances collagen production, keeping your skin smooth and firm; similarly, vitamin A can make your hair healthier and shinier, while vitamin K can help reduce inflammation in cells.
Let’s now discuss some of the best foods that help boost energy:
Energy Booster Foods
1 - Bananas
Bananas are counted among the best energy booster foods as
they are an excellent source of vitamin B6, complex carbs, and potassium, which
are helpful in keeping you energized.
Apples are a great source of fiber and carbs. A medium-sized
apple, which usually weighs around 100 grams, contains about 2 grams of fiber,
10 grams of sugar, and 14 grams of carbs.
As apples are rich in fiber and natural sugar, they can fill
you with sustained energy levels. Also, it is highly recommended to eat it
whole in order to reap multiple benefits of the fiber in its skin.
3 - Brown rice
Brown rice is a nutritious food filled with fiber, minerals,
It has a low glycemic index due to its fiber content, and
thus, brown rice can help regulate sugar levels in the blood and maintain
steady energy levels in your body throughout the day.
4 - Eggs
This amazingly satisfying food is full of energy that can
fuel you up and keep you active for long periods.
Leucine, a type of amino acid found in eggs, stimulates energy
production in multiple ways and helps cells take in more blood sugar. Leucine,
along with B vitamins in eggs, helps enzymes breakdown food to produce energy.
5 - Fatty Fish
Salmon and Tuna are two of the several fatty fishes that are
good sources of fatty acids, protein, and B vitamins; big reasons to include
these delicious and healthy foods in your diet.
A moderate serving of these fishes can provide you with the
recommended daily amount of vitamin B12 and omega-3 fatty acids.
Moreover, vitamin B12, by working with folate, produces red
blood cells and supports iron to work well. As a result, sufficient levels of
iron and red blood cells reduce fatigue and boost energy.
Are you or any of your family members, friends, or neighbors
feel out of energy after a few daily activities? Do you want to improve your
skin health and take care of your entire body, making it stronger enough to
prevent minor to critical disorders? If yes, consult with one of the best primary care providers at CVMedPro.
Feel free to call us at (877) 216-4215 or local:
559.450.6334 or visit cvmedpro.com.
- The Winter Blues: Understanding Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Fueling Your Body Right: Nutrition and Diet Tips for Diabetes Management
- The Link between Nutrition and Mental Health: What You Eat Matters
- Understanding Breast Cancer: Risk Factors and Prevention
- Whole Grains and Diabetes: Managing Blood Sugar through Diet
- Prostate Health and Aging: What to Expect as You Get Older
- Thyroid Balance: A Journey into Awareness, Detection, and Management
- Beyond Blood Sugar: Prioritizing Eye Wellness for Diabetics
- Managing Medications and Healthcare on the Road: Tips for Senior Travelers
- Debunking Sun Safety Myths: Dispelling Common Misconceptions about Sun Protection
- From Brain Games to Brain Health Activities That Sharpen Cognitive Abilities
- Breaking the Stigma: Men's Health Discussions and Seeking Support
- The Top 10 Health Habits for Aging Gracefully
- The Benefits of Yoga for Seniors
- The Medicare Annual Wellness Visit
- Healthy and Easy Ways to Manage Stress
- Raise Your Awareness about Colorectal Cancer. It Could Save Your Life
- March is Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month. Know More About It
- 7 Ways To Show Your Love To Your Heart
- 8 Smart Ways to Improve Heart Health Quickly and Naturally
- The Power of Gratitude in Improving Mental Health
- 5 Simple Exercises to Keep Your Heart Healthy & Happy
- What Vitamins and Minerals do Adults Need?
- How to Keep Your Body Active While Working Remotely
- Five Heart Healthy Foods that should be Consumed in Limited Quantities
- Early Symptoms of Liver Problems that You Shouldn't Avoid
- Immunity Enhancing Foods for a Healthy Life
- Hypertension FAQs: Answers to Your High Blood Pressure Questions
- Effective Ways to Achieve Weight Loss While Staying at Home
- Handling Alzheimer’s Disease Effectively - Early Signs and Precautions
- Learn How to Control Blood Sugar with the Right Diet Plan
- Skin Cancer: Types, Symptoms, & Treatments Explained
- Tips to Get the Best Results from Your Urgent Care Visit
- What Is a Primary Care Physician, and Why Do You Need One?
- The Importance of Nutrition and Dietetics for a Healthy Lifestyle
- Know About Foods That Can Help Prevent Diabetes
- Easy-to-do Breathing Exercises to Calm Your Mind and Anxiety
- This Heart Health Month, Know How to Keep Your Heart Strong & Healthy
- Everything You Need to Know About Depression
- Tips to Boost Immunity and Stay Healthy During the Winter Season
- Causes of Sleeplessness and Ways to Sleep Well Amid A Pandemic
- Social Isolation in Elderly: Here’ How COVID-19 is Affecting our Aging Adults!
- Breast Cancer- Cause, Prevention, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Cure!
- Why Medicare Open Enrollment Is So Important
- Tips to Stay Safe and Healthy This Flu Season
- Meditation Walk! Learn about its Benefits, Ways of Practice, and More!
- Panic Attacks! Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments Explained!
- Stressed and Overwhelmed? Here might be the Reasons for You to Feel Crisis Fatigue!
- Want to Protect Your Skin this Summer? Here’s How!
- What are the Advantages of Telemedicine?
- 6 Things You Should Know when Visiting a Doctor's Office during a Pandemic!
- How to Follow a Healthy Diet While Sheltering in Place?
- How to Ensure Physical & Mental Health amidst the COVID-19 Lockdown?
- Staying Protected against COVID-19 amidst Essential Errands!
- How to Protect Yourself amidst the COVID-19 Outbreak?
- Seasonal Allergies – What You Need to Know
- Coronavirus- What is it, How it Spreads, and What Preventative Measures could be Taken?
- Fall Risk in Seniors
- Urgent Care Vs. Emergent Care
- Seniors and Exercise