Effective Ways to Achieve Weight Loss While Staying at Home
With awareness for an ideal body weight on the rise, people are trying new types of diets in order to maintain an ideal body weight. If you are also among these and cannot follow hard diets and restrictions, there are many natural ways to help you lose weight. Certain remedies involve the utilization of products and items that are readily available at home. In addition, these remedies are highly beneficial as they do not include any exotic supplement or diet.
Although weight loss should be the primary aim for all overweight persons, it is vital to acquire balanced nutrition from the diet of your choice. Most of the diets that promote weight loss cut off essential fats and carbohydrates from your diet completely. While reducing such nutrients is necessary, complete avoidance of these can cause harm to your metabolism and body functioning.
Firstly, let us check some facts related to weight loss:
• Around 44 million Americans go on a diet each year. (2018)
• The UK had the best success rate with losing weight (40.54%), while the US had the worst rate during the pandemic (27.71%).
• 49.1% American adult population had made efforts during the previous to lose weight. (2013-2016)
• As per a study, it costs around $155 to $546 per kilogram to lose weight, depending on whether you take diet products or medication or enroll in a diet program.
• According to a poll, 38% of Americans have made 3 to 8 attempts to lose weight. However, 45% of men have not tried dieting, which is much higher than the 23% of women who have not tried dieting.
• Women of the age range 18 to 49 have made attempts to lose weight an average of 9 times, and the number climbs to 11 for women who are 50 or above. However, the average number of attempts for men in both the group is five. (2005)
So, which diet pattern is best for you? Which home remedies can be helpful to lose weight? How can you maintain the correct bodyweight while staying at home? Let’s see some answers-
Reduce your sugar intake:
You should be watchful in your sugar consumption as it can be the most critical factor for weight loss. Hence, firstly, you should become aware that around 90% of everything you consume contains sugar, which gradually contributes to an increase in weight. For example, the coke can that you took with snacks or the pasta you ate for dinner, or even the breakfast cereals contain significant amounts of sugar that you unknowingly consume. Therefore, the next time you head to a grocery store, the first thing you should do is check the sugar content on the pack of the item and try to avoid or decrease the usage of items with high sugar content. It is true that one cannot wholly avoid sugar and should not also. Consuming sugar in its natural form is still acceptable, but refined sugar can be harmful to your health.
Consume green tea:
Having green tea has really emerged on the center stage as one of the best health drinks available. Numerous studies have shown that green tea contains a massive range of antioxidants that helps in burning fat, boosting metabolism, and contains fewer calories as well. The best time to consume it is right after breakfast or lunch because the metabolism rate is at its peak during that time.
Take whey protein:
Whey protein is an excellent medium to stay full for a more extended time. Therefore, it helps in avoiding hunger pangs or the consumption of unhealthy snacks. In addition, a whey protein moves your calories requirement from a high-fat food to a lean protein source, which helps maintain a balanced diet. For this reason, people consume it regularly for weight and fat loss. And not only for people who do heavy workouts, but whey protein is also advised for people with mild activity levels as it helps maintain the daily protein need.
Give up on junk food:
You cannot lose weight without giving up on junk food. Removing junk food from your daily food intake can considerably reduce the number of calories you consume in a day. It may seem like junk food can be a convenient choice, but there are numerous reasons you should cut back, especially if you want to reduce weight. In addition, it does not have any nutritional value and leads to more harm than good. However, if you are still craving, you can cook an alternative with low-calorie ingredients at home.
Drink lemon and honey water every morning:
Just as you wake up in the morning, consume a glass of honey and lemon in hot water. This does not require much effort but can be a very effective method for weight management. It also increases the rate of metabolism. Therefore, drinking lemon and honey mixed hot water on an empty stomach can get your body in the fat-burning mode right from the morning.
Practice yoga in the morning:
The sun has risen, the birds are chirping, and you are rested and fresh. Doesn’t this blissful vision inspire you for a good yoga session to make the most of your morning? Early morning yoga can boost your metabolism by warming your digestive system, setting nutrients on the move, and quickly metabolizing carbs and fats. In addition, exercising yoga asanas in the morning can really make you lose your extra weight.
The key factor is not to skip meals in the name of dieting. Your body needs food four times a day: morning, midday, 4 PM, and 8 PM. This is a crucial foundation for maintaining the nutritional rhythm of your body. The fitness coaches as well recommend eating specific foods at different times of the day to reduce weight.
Convert housework into exercise:
Want to lose weight while staying at home? It’s easy! Exercise at home starts with using certain household chores as leverage to get in shape and move your muscles. When shopping, carry your bags on your shoulders. This already takes a big effort. Also, it is important to maintain the correct posture while doing it. Keep your stomach muscles engaged and back straight. Need to use a vacuum cleaner? The rules are identical. Stand straight and really commit to it. A good playlist can surely help you find the motivation to maintain the pace.
It would be best to keep in mind that consistent efforts are required to reduce weight. The best way to acquire and maintain a healthy weight is to have a nutritious, balanced diet and exercise regularly. Focus on the tips given above, and you will surely notice the difference after some time within the comfort of your home.
Seeking assistance regarding an ideal diet? If you or any of your known need medical advice about nutrition or diet, visit CVMedPro – a platform for you to find hundreds of medical practitioners across many specialties.
You may also talk to our customer service representatives at (877) 216-4215/local: 559.450.6334. To schedule your consultation, call us now!
- The Winter Blues: Understanding Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Fueling Your Body Right: Nutrition and Diet Tips for Diabetes Management
- The Link between Nutrition and Mental Health: What You Eat Matters
- Understanding Breast Cancer: Risk Factors and Prevention
- Whole Grains and Diabetes: Managing Blood Sugar through Diet
- Prostate Health and Aging: What to Expect as You Get Older
- Thyroid Balance: A Journey into Awareness, Detection, and Management
- Beyond Blood Sugar: Prioritizing Eye Wellness for Diabetics
- Managing Medications and Healthcare on the Road: Tips for Senior Travelers
- Debunking Sun Safety Myths: Dispelling Common Misconceptions about Sun Protection
- From Brain Games to Brain Health Activities That Sharpen Cognitive Abilities
- Breaking the Stigma: Men's Health Discussions and Seeking Support
- The Top 10 Health Habits for Aging Gracefully
- The Benefits of Yoga for Seniors
- The Medicare Annual Wellness Visit
- Healthy and Easy Ways to Manage Stress
- Raise Your Awareness about Colorectal Cancer. It Could Save Your Life
- March is Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month. Know More About It
- 7 Ways To Show Your Love To Your Heart
- 8 Smart Ways to Improve Heart Health Quickly and Naturally
- The Power of Gratitude in Improving Mental Health
- 5 Simple Exercises to Keep Your Heart Healthy & Happy
- What Vitamins and Minerals do Adults Need?
- How to Keep Your Body Active While Working Remotely
- Five Heart Healthy Foods that should be Consumed in Limited Quantities
- Early Symptoms of Liver Problems that You Shouldn't Avoid
- Immunity Enhancing Foods for a Healthy Life
- Hypertension FAQs: Answers to Your High Blood Pressure Questions
- Handling Alzheimer’s Disease Effectively - Early Signs and Precautions
- Learn How to Control Blood Sugar with the Right Diet Plan
- Skin Cancer: Types, Symptoms, & Treatments Explained
- Tips to Get the Best Results from Your Urgent Care Visit
- What Is a Primary Care Physician, and Why Do You Need One?
- The Importance of Nutrition and Dietetics for a Healthy Lifestyle
- Know About Foods That Can Help Prevent Diabetes
- Easy-to-do Breathing Exercises to Calm Your Mind and Anxiety
- This Heart Health Month, Know How to Keep Your Heart Strong & Healthy
- Everything You Need to Know About Depression
- Energy Boosting Foods: Fight Cancer, Slow Aging, And Boost Energy
- Tips to Boost Immunity and Stay Healthy During the Winter Season
- Causes of Sleeplessness and Ways to Sleep Well Amid A Pandemic
- Social Isolation in Elderly: Here’ How COVID-19 is Affecting our Aging Adults!
- Breast Cancer- Cause, Prevention, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Cure!
- Why Medicare Open Enrollment Is So Important
- Tips to Stay Safe and Healthy This Flu Season
- Meditation Walk! Learn about its Benefits, Ways of Practice, and More!
- Panic Attacks! Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments Explained!
- Stressed and Overwhelmed? Here might be the Reasons for You to Feel Crisis Fatigue!
- Want to Protect Your Skin this Summer? Here’s How!
- What are the Advantages of Telemedicine?
- 6 Things You Should Know when Visiting a Doctor's Office during a Pandemic!
- How to Follow a Healthy Diet While Sheltering in Place?
- How to Ensure Physical & Mental Health amidst the COVID-19 Lockdown?
- Staying Protected against COVID-19 amidst Essential Errands!
- How to Protect Yourself amidst the COVID-19 Outbreak?
- Seasonal Allergies – What You Need to Know
- Coronavirus- What is it, How it Spreads, and What Preventative Measures could be Taken?
- Fall Risk in Seniors
- Urgent Care Vs. Emergent Care
- Seniors and Exercise